20080903

Landscaping

This past week have I been working with the dark inner landscape inside the pavilion. I would like it to be a exciting terrain, experienced both from underneath as an undulating roof and from above as a landscape to explore. For now this landscape is pretty straightforward, a surface created from a set of defined areas which then forms the “hills” in the terrain under which the programmatic spaces will be located. Though I’ll need to experiment with different ways to manipulate this surface, such as adding noise, I have included a delaunay triangulation of the result.









// download landscaping script: landscaping.rvb

// update: I added some surface noise to the mix. It’s a simple script that modifies the surface grips by a specified noise factor.



// download surface noise script: addnoisetosurface.rvb

No comments: